I want to share with you today how Chiropractors have been ambassadors to whole-body restoration. What does that mean? Well, let’s face it; there is a distinct view of health that we, as Chiropractors have:
Health is much more than just how you feel – it’s how you function.
Check out this definition of health:
Health is a state in which your body can express 100% of your human potential, and where your cells, tissues, organs, and systems are functioning 100%, 100% of the time.
In my first year at S.U.N.Y. Binghamton, fall of 1995, I had the pleasure of being introduced to chiropractic by my roommate’s father, a Chiropractor. I’ll never forget that night, being told the truth about health, while scarfing down a plate of delicious Italian food. Here’s what he said:
- The body is a self-healing organism and that there is an inborn intelligence in all living things that naturally gives us our instincts and information to survive, thrive, and adapt.
- The expression of this innate intelligence occurs through our nerve system; just like electricity that flows through the wires of a building. We call it Life Force.
- The brain, spinal cord and nerves, AKA the Master Control System, transmits this Life Force to every cell in our body; organs, muscles, glands, etc. In order for our body to perform at 100%, these signals need to go from the brain to the body and back, without interference.
- When we experience physical, emotional and chemical stresses that we can’t adapt to, subluxations (misalignments of the bones of the spine) occur that prevent our brain to communicate to the rest of our body properly; thus preventing our body from healing itself at 100%.
- Chiropractors are the only trained health professionals that remove interference and disturbances in the nervous system, by giving adjustments. This allows your brain to communicate to the entire body better and let’s your innate intelligence heal your body at 100%.
So anyone who wants their body to function at 100%, who wants every cell in their body to receive direct communication with their brain, who wants to maximize their healing capabilities needs to have their spine checked by a Chiropractor for vertebral subluxations.
You see, chiropractic has always been and always will be about restoring health and wellness to the body, not treating back and neck pain. Chiropractic is a lifestyle that creates well-being, improves your quality of living, and improves your performance at every level.
How well is your nervous system performing? How do you know?
Share your thoughts below, I’d love to hear from you.